Monday, August 8, 2011

Things you will not see people wear in DC: Givenchy Dog Clutch

Having lived in this city now for a year, I have seen a pattern happen where I go and am insulted for things I wear.  I don't consider myself to dress controversial or 'out there'.  I definitely am not Lady Gaga and while I think she is an artist, she is certainly not a style icon (I mean come on, meat dress?)  I do, however, enjoy interesting accessories that can make even an inexpensive outfit look rich--this includes big necklaces, and insane shoes with jewels on them, spikes and my favorite pair that is made out of wet suit material.  I would like to think that I am an interesting person, but whenever I meet someone here (especially of the opposite sex), they spend the first 2 minutes commenting, usually rudely, on my shoes, handbag, or jewelry.  That being said, I am totally loving Givenchy's F/W 2011 collection, especially the prevalence of Rottweilers and would proudly sport it.  How chic would this clutch be with a skinny tailored suit and slicked back ponytail?  Chic? yes; will be seen in DC? never.
Photo: Courtesy of Givenchy, seen at Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment