Monday, November 21, 2011

Stay: New Hotel, Athens Greece

It is that time of year when the days get darker before they should and the temperatures drop below what I think a person should live in (50 degrees F).  And so my mind drifts away to thoughts of travel and hotels, which I love more than most people.  Greece is on my list of places I want to go and in my research I came across the New Hotel.  Designed by Brazilians Humberto and Fernando Campana, together with the art collector Dakis Joannou, an old city hotel in Athens is harmonically merged from reclaimed pieces of the old Olympic Palace Hotel, the end product being something that is extremely visually stimulating and unexpected.  Chairs are re-purposed from old coat hangers and fabric, walls are covered in  old lamps, wood scraps and old table legs are juxtaposed with ultra modern art fixtures and amenities.    Can't wait to get myself there. 





Photos from New Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment