Sunday, October 9, 2011

Things You WIll Never See in DC: Over-sized metallic shark necklaces

So I have said this many times and I will say it again.  Men in DC are clueless about women's fashion---ok, or my idea of how I think a woman should dress.  If I go out and literally wear what I WANT to wear, I know that I can expect that the only men who will talk to me that night, will make some comment about my accessory du noir.  And mind you, the stuff I wear is not kesha-esque.  There is no giant baby pacifier covered in glitter around my neck, and no I do not go all Gaga and craft a necklace made out of cow tendons or something crazy-now I would discuss that.  No, but if my Chanel necklace that I rarely wear because it is too girly for my taste has PEARLS on it and still gets men to reach their hands, touch my necklace and go --woah, that is QUITE the necklace, or make some reference to Mr. T, let's just discuss what reactions I would get if I wear this over-sized, metallic shark tooth from the Givenchy s/s 2012 collection out and about in DC.  Well, whatever, I think it is amazing.  


Pics from Style.com

2 comments:

  1. I will have to pass on these. Quiet hideous, I am sure only you can rock this look. Please post pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. will do. comes out in spring! will be perfect with my neo-surfer look... but it's always good to have a sense of humor about fashion, no?

    ReplyDelete