Friday, October 21, 2011

The List: Irreverent

The other day, my mom asked me the question.  You know it, the question that I never know the answer to, that always causes me to draw a blank.  What do you want for Christmas?  Wait. It's that time again?  The reason I can never come up with a good answer is that the things I want, I can buy for myself, and the things I lust after, well it is not feasible to really ever expect.  A Range Rover?  A villa escape in Bora Bora?  A trek through Cambodia?  A black Birkin?  A Phillip Lim Pashli?  Balenciaga Cut-out boots?  Anything from the S/S 2012 Chanel Collection?  I am realistic and while one day those will be mine, they are not something I ask for.  In reality, my list is :I accept and appreciate anything. Literally. I love McDonalds gift cards.  Moving on, I always see items that would make for great, affordable gifts and so I have decided that I will start writing them down.  

First up on The List, is iconic French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld's newly released book, Irreverent. Released October 18, this 368-page photo book documents her nearly 30-year career in fashion and features photos and commentary of some of her most controversial and memorable shoots, including the launch of Lara Stone's career.  Also featuring personal photos and notes she has collected throughout the years, this book would be loved by any girl (or guy) who lives for beautiful photos, people, and fashion. 

Photos from Irreverent.  Available for $63  Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment