Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Collection: Givenchy Pre-Fall 2012

My two favorite seasons in fashion are the 'in-betweens':  not F/W, not S/S, but rather, resort and pre-fall.  They are the seasons where the days are hot, but the nights are cold, or the days start to get warmer, but the mornings are still crisp.  You can wear bare legs, but want to throw a coat over it, you can wear boots but can get away with a lighter top. How excited am I for the pre-fall collections that are currently being show.  All I can say, is wow.  First up, is...can you guess it readers? Who is my favorite? Yes, Givenchy.  Un--Be--Lieve--Able.

Riccardo Tisci created pieces, that once again will be on the tip of every fashion loving girl or gay's tongue soon for a number of reasons. First off the block, this is 50s meets 70s equestrian---can't beat that.  Second, Tisci has taken some of the most popular moments at Givenchy and reworked them.  The classics are back, people! Embrace closets of old and new for this season by following Tisci's lead. Also worth mentioning are the nods to masculine tailoring and the incredible boots showcased.  The boots the boots....oh ma gawddddd child, the BOOTS.   I once heard a man refer to this style of boot as the "hoof boot." Well, if it makes me look like a horse, a goat, a cow, I'll happily moo, baaaa or nayy! These boots are a must for Pre-Fall and I have a feeling we'll be seeing them all over fashion week in Feb/March.

It's also worth mentioning that Givenchy has clearly been inspired by street style photographers. One look at this look book and you feel like you're logging into The Sartorialist for your morning update.  Not to mention, the stop sign makes me feel like I am in middle school and this is my first day of school outfit.  It's brilliant!  




Photos courtesy of Style.com


No comments:

Post a Comment