Monday, December 26, 2011

Collection: Chanel Pre-Fall 2012


I love Karl Lagerfeld and Chanel.  I don't know how many times I can say it.  But I love him.  He is so damn creative and his shows always blow me away---the themes he picks each season are only matched by the clothes, hair, makeup and music that he sends down the runways that fits them.   We have seen the Byzantine Chanel girl, the Russian Chanel girl and most recently the Mermaid Chanel girl of Spring 2012.  One of the most beautiful collections I can remember comes from Lagerfeld's Pre-Fall 2012 collection recently shown at the Grand Palais in Paris.  With Paris Bombay as a theme, guests were seated at an elaborate banquet set-up where they were served champagne, guava juice, tea, and miniature cakes and sandwiches. An antique silver train with the double-C Chanel logo ran around the table.  

The Paris-Bombay-themed collection, inspired by the jewels, colors, and fabrics of India, was accented by nose rings, deep kohl rimmed eyes and twisted dreadlock updos. Pure luxury and it truly left me speechless.   John Lennon's "Instant Karma!" served as the soundtrack, which to me, again was brilliant and served as Lagerfeld's cheeky addition to the show (we all remember Lennon's fascination with India).  
















No comments:

Post a Comment