Saturday, September 10, 2011

L'homme: Ryan Gosling

One of the reasons my friends say I am picky when it comes to men is because I really demand a man with style.  And by style, I am not talking about Ed Hardy t-shirts or some printed paisley shit.  No, I am talking about a man who knows how to wear tailored classic clothes, that are ever so slightly fashionable because of the cut, color or fabric.  AND, this usually involves not looking too groomed or like you give a damn---no it has some essence of the je ne sais quoi, I don't care to it.  The commonality of every man I have ever dated, minus one (but he did receive a great makeover) is that they have had great style.  Not always the same mind you--I used to only date tattooed Men's No No model- types.  And as I got older I have tended toward men who look and act like men, but are still cool enough to enter department stores, get excited about a new piece and who may gift me for my birthday with lanvin. Mind you, it doesn't have to be Lanvin, as I am far from superficial--hello, I wear Forever 21 often.  I am referring to the idea that a man should know the difference and appreciate a girl who has class versus trash.  Enter Ryan Gosling. So effortlessly hot.  He hangs out with his dog which scores major points right there. He wears amazing shoes with no socks and slightly cropped pants, sometimes wears scarves, amazing body AND he is often alone and not in the scene.  And what is really f-ing cool about him is that he was Ryan from the Mickey Mouse Club, which I was soooo obsessed with when I was little that I was a member of the fan club AND have the embroidered lettermen MMC jacket.  Someone who is cool but doesn't have to scream it.  That's what I love.  







pics and style seen here


No comments:

Post a Comment